So, the invites go out. I am so very proud of them, they came out gorgeous! Anyway, I get lots of responses on FB and email saying they are beautiful. Did anyone say they were coming? Nope, just that the invites were gorgeous! Fabulous!
Then my mind starts going. Well no one is going to come because it's a Wiccaning, not a “Baptism” or a “ Christening” Why can't people just get over it and realize that it's a time to celebrate? God knows we need every chance to celebrate after losing Dante.
I'm having the blessing at a Caterer, not some 2-acre field out in the middle of nowhere with a giant pentagram made of sticks and stones, where I will casually ask the attending guests to lose their clothing and dance naked under the full moon! (Sounds like fun, but no) I am not having a pot-luck of fried pigeon with a mug wart sauce, or salad made of lemon-grass and pine cones, a catered dinner.
In the invitations I plainly said “Join us with an open heart for Callisto's Wiccaning”, then in the info, I quickly and to the point explained what a Wiccaning was. There is no surprises. I've even made programs, to further explain what we are doing. I'm officiating, I'm her Mother, and a priestess and an ordained minster, of course I'm officiating.
My family and friends have never seen me dressed in black, with dark makeup, torn clothing etc. if you looked at me, you would probably never do a second look, well unless I opened my mouth ;) Damn stereotypes. Yes, I'm covered in Tattoo's, yes I wear a pentagram charm, yes, I'm proud to be a witch. So just get over it, come help us celebrate our little girl, and just be! Dammit! Who knows, you may learn something!
Wow, this was scattered! Be back later.....
J

No comments:
Post a Comment