Monday, March 8, 2010

What a Beautiful Blessing....

Finally, February 20th arrived with a BANG! Surprisingly, I was ready. More organized then I think I have ever been. SHOCKING!

The exciting weekend began on Friday when Monster's first set of Spirit Parents arrived from Maryland. Air (him) and Water (her) husband and wife, that is the elements they represent. They came early to help me in anyway I needed it. Actually Water thought I could relax with the baby and her and Air could take care of everything, in my mind, I just wanted them to take Monster so I could get things done. Everything fell in to place, and like I said, I was more organized then I thought. Hubby had taken a personal day to be home with us all day. I got a call from the other set of Spirit Parents, Fire (her) and Earth (him) husband and wife, Fire said they wouldn't be in until much later then we had originally thought. They were bringing their little one LoveBug, he's 3, and his GMom (Fire's Mom). So, Hubby, Air, Water and I decided to head to the caterers early to get things set up. So we pack up the monster and away we go. We arrived at the Caterer, and the tables and everything were already set up. Lavender and white, so pretty. Candle holder centerpieces with butterflies on them for Dante. This photo is of the kids table, We made goodie bags and they all had neon necklaces.







We unloaded everything from the car. My SIL, hubby and I made purple beeswax candles for favors, I made programs, and I framed one of Monsters Wiccaning photos for everyone to sign.










I begin to set up my alter on a small stage. Alter cloth, Book of Shadows, directional candles, Chalice, Feather, salt, blessed water, copy of the blessing..ok...I think I have everything. We did a run through of the ceremony minus 2 Spirit Parents that would be arriving later. We rearranged, changed a few things around, I ran through the ceremony with alot of Blah, Blah, Blah's and yadda yadda yadda's. I had decided earlier in the day, that would call circle and bless everything before hand, maybe not the "proper" way to do things, but it would be one less thing I would have to do Saturday morning. Well, I called a silent circle, just me. Just as I called the circle, lit the candles, the owners of the caterer comes barreling through with potential customers. My concentration is broken at this point, I can't imagine what that did to the positive energy surrounding me. I looked at Hubby with total terror. The man, I assume the father of the little girl they were having the party for, looked at me like I had 3 heads that were spinning in opposite directions. I regained my composure and quickly closed the circle, apologizing to the Gods/Goddesses that joined me for the very rude interruption and thanking them profusely for joining me in any case. What the hell, I said to myself, I'll do it in the morning .


My Alter was beautiful anyway...





The beautiful Chalice given to Monster from her Spirit Parent Water, beautiful Sapphires that represent the color blue, water and Dante, and a Faerie, boldly holding the whole thing together. The feather, given to Monster by her Spirit Parent Air. Monster's square candle with butterflies for her brother, a sage stick, 4 candles, each representing directions and their respective colors, and a wand, I'll get to that later. At this point, Hubby realizes that I don't have a blade or an Athame, OOPPss, gotta have that, so we pack up and head over to a nearby auction. This place is old, run down and has seen better days, BUT they have everything! We looked and looked, finally we found something that would work for now. What a site this place is for out-of-towners! We got hot pretzels and headed back to our place.

Hubby ran off to pick up Doodle with Uncle Air, Aunt Water and I stayed back to tend to Monster and wait for the rest of the team to arrive.

Monster and Uncle Air




Monster and Aunt Water





As the evening grows later, Uncle Earth, Aunt Fire, Gmom and Lovebug arrive. My little house turned into a tuna can! But it was lovely. Uncle Earth's gift to Monster, a velvet bag of natural stones, all having their own meanings for the beginning of her life, a very temperamental bonsai tree meaning, peace, harmony, and all good things, and a handmade wand, made from a dogwood tree. Beautiful. Monster's gift from Aunt Fire, her first necklace, with a triquetra charm and a ruby in the center. Stunning.
We did another run through of the ceremony around my kitchen table. Everyone talked, we had pizza and just enjoyed everyone's company. Monster at this point (10pm) had had about enough, she was cranky and tired. So the Spirit parents decided to head back to their hotel rooms, just as they were about to leave, Aunt E (Hubby's Sister) and Nana (hubby's Mom from NC) showed up, there goes settling the Monster down!

6 left, 2 came in. Nana was staying with us for the weekend, Aunt E headed home after midnight. The girls were tuckered out and finally went to bed. Hubby and I head to bed, well, neither of us could sleep. My nerves were on overload! Imagine being in my head, I am seeing (in my minds eye) catching my cape on fire and burning the place down, messing up the blessings, forgetting how to talk, no one showing up (see previous post about that), people laughing at me, Monster screaming the whole time. I had myself convinced something was going to go horribly wrong. Finally at nearly 3 am I finally fell asleep. Monster was up at 7 am, and so our day began.

Ok, I think that about explains one day....check back for the actual day of the blessing.

I'll be back,
J

No comments:

 

san diego foreclosure homes